From paint to furniture, you can change the look of your home completely with just one purchase.
One of the most commonly overlooked interior design options is the use of curtains, blinds, and shades.
While they are often viewed as an insignificant accessory in a room, they can actually have a major impact on the ambience of a space.
Whether you are looking to block the morning sun or create privacy while keeping in mind the natural light, shades can be used in so many ways.
In this article, we will be discussing operating options for Twist™ Shades, as well as the reasons for selecting the operating system manual or automatic.
Why Use Twist™ Shades?
If you are looking for a creative way to completely change the look of your home, the Twist™ Shades should be at the top of your list.
The Twist™ Shades window covering is the newest product offered by Hunter Douglas.
Following are some of the reasons to choose Twist™ Shades:
- They add style and class to any space
- They can also help control the flow of natural light
- They prevent your home from feeling too exposed.
- They use a combination of sheer and solid fabric bands in a single shade.
How to Operate Twist™ Shades?
Twist™ Shades can be operated in 2 ways -
Hunter Douglas offers a standard chain tensioner designed to enhance child safety, as well as an easy-to-operate chain clutch.
Twist™ Shades are made up of a series of sheer fabric bands.
The shades can be put in 3 positions adjusting the chain tensioner:
- Open - provides soft filtered light while creating a view-through.
- Closed - provides complete privacy and blocks the light.
- Raised - provides an unobstructed view.
Instead of manual operation, you can control Twist™ Shades remotely using the Hunter Douglas PowerView® Automation solution.
It allows you to control your shades remotely via keypad, mobile application or the sound of your voice.
Automating your Twist™ Shades
As discussed above there are 2 ways of operating Twist™ Shades.
Manual operation can be cumbersome especially when you have children and pets around.
Hence using PowerView® Automation makes more sense.
Motorized shades are becoming more popular because they offer many benefits over manual shades.
- Pebble® and Surface Remote are easy-to-use remote controls that lets you adjust the Twist™ Shades with the push of one button, offering greater accuracy and control than manual shades do.
- The automation system enables you to control the shades from anywhere anytime thanks to PowerView® Repeater. It is a small signal enhancer that can be plugged into any AC outlet in the home to extend the signal range throughout your house.
- You can control your Twist™ Shades anytime with the PowerView® App. It is easier and more convenient than ever, as it provides you with perfect light and saves energy.
- The PowerView® App scheduling feature will have the Twist™ Shades move automatically to preferred positions throughout the day - all with a touch of a button, tap on your mobile device or the sound of a voice!
- The PowerView® Hub connects to your home wifi network and is the brain of the automation system. It stores customized settings, activates schedules and provides a central point of control.
- PowerView® App allows integration with some of the popular systems like Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, etc.
Such integration allows you to customize room scenes for your shades and control the shades throughout the day using the apps on your smartphone or tablet.
When it comes to the interior design of your home, nothing is more important than the right shades. Whether you have a large or small window, you will find the ideal shade for your needs thanks to the wide variety of options available at Hunter Douglas.
If you want to create the perfect atmosphere in your home, at just a tap of a button then the PowerView® Automation system is what you need.
Hunter Douglas is a renowned name for its quality products that are known to last. Check out our website or contact us today - we would be happy to answer any questions you have about Twist™ Shades automation.